Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Father and the Child


The Father spoke:

And what do you know of My heart?
I know that Your heart is the only worthy destination.
How have you learned this truth?
By walking daily with You.
How are your companions, Joy and Sorrow?
Now that I have a better understanding of Your heart, I realize that Sorrow keeps me dependent on You and Joy enables me to stay on the journey.
You have learned well, My child. So you wish to continue the journey?
Oh, Father, I only pray that I remain faithful and obedient. I want no other journey - I seek no other Joy.
You will find joy in loving and serving others.
It is hard for me to love and serve. How can I do it with Joy?
By taking My yoke and learning of Me.
As long as I am yoked to You, Father, I know I can do anything.
Hold My hand tightly, My child. For this part of the journey, you must receive My rest and learn to live for all that is eternal.
Why must I hold Your hand tightly?
Because I am ready to place you as a labourer in My harvest, and I do not want you to be so busy in your service that you loosen your grip or let go.
And how do I labour in Your harvest?
By bringing Me glory.

- Cynthia Heald

No comments: