Thursday, June 29, 2006

Campsick

As you know, Pat has abducted me and forced me into labour at.... no, no.... I'm kidding. This summerI am working at Camp Norland. So, the other day, I was laying in bed in my nice single room that I have to share with no one that has it's own personal bathroom. Yet, I was laying there trying to decide whether to get up early in the morning to shower or wait until some other time during the day. That thought led to the fact that it's always a little chilly in the morning and I don't like to walk down the hallway because it's not carpeted. That thought led me to the memory that Galilean IS carpeted. And as all this went through my mind, I had a slight twinge... that twinge was campsickness! It started with the carpet... yet slowly progressed until I thought of all the people I missed and the other traditions that were different. I remembered the fact that we have a basketball court that I loved to play in on the weeklends. I remembered that we had a wakeboard. I remembered that I had been going there since I was six years old(5 if you count the year I was a staff kid)! And I remembered that I had friends there that I had known since Jr. High. I let all this circulate in my mind of about 5 minutes. Then I got up to use my private bathroom and as I walked the 3 steps to it's door I came to the conclusion that the next time I had a day off... I'd bring my slippers back with me.

5 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

I had the exact same experience with Galilean except I noticed that it had carpeted flooring and the floor was too warm.

Excellent post. You should mention me more though. lol

Mark D. Smith said...

your post would have been better if it had been all about pat because he is cooler than you.

:p

hehehe

kidding...or am i?

Go Galilean.

Janet Perry said...

Haha, Mark, you are SO funny... too bad Pat is MUCH funnier!!

Take that!

Patrick Sutherland said...

Good to know.

Pat

Anonymous said...

JANET NICHOLSON!
hopefully this works.
hah but ya maybe i should get a blog thingy eh? that would be pretty sweet i guess.
but i dont know how much i would write in it.
ANNNYWAYYS .
how've you been?
i definitely miss camp too, only i spent 5 weeks of my summer at aush-bik-koong hahaha.
the 2 rivals !
and some guys there, bryce fairburn and some other guys we telling me about one time when they went to galilean and snuck there from abk and did something - a prank- there but i dont remember what. so i dont know if i believe them or not.
but wow i am SO off topic haha !

so yesyes, i miss you! and i miss doing 'gymnastics' - bouncing on the squeaky bed haha annnd, play fooseball- lets foose! hah- and our interesting devos about how the world began... poofing ! haha
aww.
well i have to go now so i shall talk to you laterr !
xoxoxooxox

love ya and miss ya tonnnss *

-SARAHCHILLLDSSS*

ps. check out&sign my site :) haha it's http://www.ice-capp-.piczo.com