Sunday, June 18, 2006

Me... Except Not



OK... so I've been reading this book(in the adjacent picture... and I think it's so cool that I can put in pictures! So, if I go a little overboard, I apologize:)) Anyway, I love when I come across books that so express many things I feel but don't have the words or ability to express it myself. This happens to be one of those such books. I identify so well with the authorthat it almost feels like a much much MUCH smarter me talking to myself. And to make that even neater, she says in the book that her favrourite verse is:
Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?"

OK, if you haven't guessed yet, that's been my favourite verse for years! So, she's, like, Me, except a much better writer!! haha! Anyway, all of this intro just to leave you with a quote she put in the book that really spoke to me today.
"Not many of us are living at our best. We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains. The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills. We do not know what we lose in our self-indulgence, what glory awaits us if only we had courage for the mountain climb, what blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God."
- J. R. M.

1 comment:

Patrick Sutherland said...

Janet
Never hesitate to put in pictures. They often are the highlight in a good blog. The author sounds interesting and so on...

Patman the Pat