Thursday, June 22, 2006

Why I am Single

Haha! Ok... so maybe that's a scary title for a post. But I found a great quote(yes, another quote, Pat) that really said what I've kinda realized about myself and relationships.

"If we love a human being and do not love God, we demand of him(or her) every perfection and every rectitude, and when we do not get it we become cruel and vindictive; we are demanding of a human being that which he or she cannot give. There is only one Being Who can satisfy the last aching abyss of the human heart, and that is the Lord Jesus Christ. Why Our Lord is apparently so severe regarding every human relationship is because He knows that every relationship not based on loyalty to Himself will end in disaster."
-Oswald Chambers


That sounds a little harsh. And I really hope the "cruel and vindictive" part isn't true of me! However, the quote is very very true! And so this is why I am single and will remain so until I can say a wholehearted "YES" to God's question of me...

"Is My love enough for you?"

No comments: