Saturday, July 29, 2006

My Glorious Time Off

This past Wednesday and late into Thursday, I took some time off. Pat was very, very, incredibly, very jealous but I know he would want to know EXACTLY how much fun I had which is why I am contructing this post.

I started out on Wednesday with two great friends in a nice, comfortable, beautifully black(matches with every outfit) Honda Civic. We drove for a few hours before coming to my cattage, which was wonderfully free of people. It was incredibly relaxing and I could do whatever I wanted without thinking the phone was going to ring. Dinner was especially and wonderfully free of phonecalls. After dinner my good friends and I had a relaxing boatride in my grandfathers boat and still the relaxing hours stretched out ahead of us. Then we played Axis and allies(actually we jumped on the trampoline but I figured if I said we played Axis and Allies, Pat would be more jealous). We continued on our night by singing songs around the fire. This gorgeous girl that Pat would really have been interested in came over from a nearby cabin to play guitar for us (really it was a cute guy... but don't tell Pat). We ate smores and other delicious foods before slipping out to our tent to play..... SLAPS! (currently Pat's favourite card game). I slept on the trampoline for half the night.... which I know Pat has been dying to do for ages. Too bad he didn't get the opportunity. The next morning we slept in as long as we could. Too bad Pat had to be up for breakfast here at camp. Then we headed out on our way to a destination that is beyond all destinations. This is the climax of the whole story, since this is what Pat would have enjoyed the most. Within the hour, we were well on our way to...... GALILEAN!!! Yes, we went to Galilean. We saw all the old sights and smelled all the old smells. It was an incredible experience. I must mention specifically seeing Ben and Randy, since I know Pat would enjoyed seeing them. Too bad he missed out. He would have loved it. Did I mention how much Pat wanted to go see Galilean? Well, it was alot, that's for sure. So we spent many a blissful hour there at Galilean before heading back to camp, having spent 33 hours doing whatever we wanted and being responsible for nothing and having no phones to answer.

So, yeah, overall it was a great trip and Pat really missed out. That's really too bad..... But here is the link to pictures from past summers so that Pat can remember all the great times and people.... and wish he could go to Galilean, too.

http://http://www.cssm.ca/galilean/photos

4 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

Well, as far as I can tell, you would have had a great time if you didn't spend the whole trip thinking about me. Too bad for you.

Patman the Pat

Patrick Sutherland said...

I figured you'd worry... lol so I'm here to say I made it to Turrow and I'm having a blast with friends. it's great.

P the P

Mark D. Smith said...

good ole Galilean...you gonna be back there next summer?! :p

Janet Perry said...

Why do you ask? I rather like Norland.... haha