Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Truth


For those of you who have read Pat Sutherland's post, you may be aware of a certain story involving a telephone call for both of us. There is Pat's version, then there's the truth. I am here to tell you what the true story is.

It all began downstairs where Pat and I had just played a game of fooseball (I believe I had won, since I usually do). Suddenly, a guy came to the door and said "Pix(my camp name), you have a phone call.... Oh, Rubix(Pat's camp name), you have one too." So, after a 2 second delay of our minds trying to figure out how we had a phone call at the same time, we both took off running. I headed the back way that started away from the direction of the phone, then up 4 "half flights" of stairs, then through the dining hall(dodging tables), then through the kitchen(not a good place for running), then through the door, before turning into the office and making my way past bulky chairs and a person. Pat, on the other hand, headed staight down the hall in the direction of the office(with no obstacles), up the 4 "half flights", through a door, reached over the desk, grabbing the phone one millisecond before myself.

And so... yes, I did lose the race in a way. But if you consider the disadvantage I had, it's entirely understandable. Plus, there's one more bit of information that Pat neglected to mention. Jen(Pat's sister) kindly asked for both of us, so as not to hurt her dear brother's feelings. But the truth is... she really called to talk to me.

6 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

Now I will note that she did take the worst possible way to go. But she did leave moments before me. (expecting me to chase behind her)

But being the smart person I am I said 'Hey I'm slow I won't pass her so I'll try the other way.' Which was an option for both of us. I chose right and obviously it paid off.

Heres to me.

Pat

Mark D. Smith said...

I've read both sides of the story...and I believe that Pat won the race and is therefore cooler than you.

But then you name is Pixie?! So then you would be cooler because that was the name of one of my friends in Bible school.

I guess this wasn't about who is cooler...but while we're talking about coolness - John Piper is cooler than both of you put together.

Patrick Sutherland said...

you can go smoke a john piper...

Janet (I broke into his account haha)

Janet Perry said...

HI... this is Pat. I broke into Janet's account to say that she is the coolest girl ever and is, by far, the best assistant director at this camp called Norland. Oh... and I think if there was a rematch, Janet would definitely win the race. Plus, she is definitely a better fooseball player and I'm glad she's here this summer so I can just try to be as good as her.... at fooseball.... at assistant directing.... oh, and everything else.

Patman the PAT

Mark D. Smith said...

Janet, if you are able to break back into your own account, tell me this: when are your day(s) off?

Janet Perry said...

It's ok, MArk! I'm back in again! haha ! Well, like Pat said on your blog, our day's off probably change weekly. We're off today, and we came in to NB. But we're also kind of "off" on saturdays... we just have to be at the camp to supervise. You know, blogs are really not effective ways of communicating!! haha