Saturday, July 08, 2006

Shopping

It's taken me awhile to realize this. I've spent years trying on clothing. I've spent years wandering around malls looking for clothing that is cheap enough so that I wont feel guilty. I've spent years trying to be trendy and rarely ever succeeding. And I've finally come to the conclusion that guys are SOOOO lucky!! They can get away with wearing the ugliest clothes possible! They can wear the baggiest clothes and not look like they're wearing their grandfather's clothes. They can wear the same clothes for years and no one cares! Oh, to be so carefree! Haha!

Anyway, this post is for any girls that might stumble upon it and be as frustrated as I am about trying to fit into a world dominated by fashion and being "in". First of all, modesty is more important than any of us realize as girls. I could give you all the reasons about guys being visual and not making others stumble. However, I think the reason that many girls miss is that we should have more respect for ourselves and our bodies than to just flaunt them for everyone and anyone to see. Many girls long for love so badly that they'll do anything to get the attention they want. But they don't see that by dressing inappropriately they aren't really drawing the right kind of attention. Girls, don't follow the world's standards of beautiful! Here are the lyrics to a Barlow Girl song that I think is great.

Clothes

Clothes aren't what they used to be
They don't seem to fit you and me anymore
Modesty is out the door
Flaunting what we've got and more is in
Yeah it's in

They're saying
Don't ask why just wear what we say
You'll look like a model if you'll only obey
To get the attention, just do what we say

Pay so much for clothes so small
Was that shirt made for me or my doll?
Is this all I get?
I looked so hot but caught a cold
I was doing just what I was told
To fit in

We're saying let's ask why
Don't wear what they say
Don't want to be a model
They can't eat anyway
That kind of attention will fade with the day

Clothes that fit are fine
Won't show whats mine
Don't change my mind
I'll be fine

Anyway, I'm done with this for now. And by the way, this post is without a picture for very obvious reasons.

2 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

Is this some unique way of telling me I dress badly?

or is this more about recent events and whatnot..

Janet Perry said...

It's definitely about your inappropriate clothing.... Please try to take care of that...