Monday, December 18, 2006

True Story

Whatever version you may hear of the following, know that what I am about to reveal is complete and utter truth, lacking no details, straight from my heart. Even this innocent face did nothing to sway them. My encouragement only seemed to incite their wrath all the more. It was a sad, sad night.

It was a slightly breezy evening in Caronport, Saskatchewan... Janet(that's me) was feeling rather cooped up and wanted to get out. However, being a woman of good upbringing, she would never bring herself to actually ask Dave Siverns to the point, as he was who she was currently corresponding with on msn. But Dave kept hinting... saying he wanted to go to the point, yet didn't know what to do there and didn't have any buddies around at that time. So Janet kindly gave him the option of learning the wonderful game we like to call "slaps". Of course she invited Benny along as well, as he mentioned not having alot to do and, he didn't say this but, he was going to miss Janet since she was so soon going home to Ontario. The slaps game began... as did the torment of Janet.

The tormentors came as a bit of a surprise. Dave says he struggles with sarcasm... feels it's too "mean" and Benny... well, can you see Benny hurting anyone? His name is Benny! Yes, I was shocked as well. The games began normally. I won twice, yet they still wanted to continue playing so I accomodated them. Who am I to stop them from learning from a pro? That is when the cheating began. Using "power in numbers" and brute strength, they began to continue in their own form of the game, not heeding my pleas to "be fair" or "stop cheating". They were devious, using scripture out of context(yeah! I was abhorred as well!) just to beat me! I did my best, trying to work around their cheating and cruelty. As they brought me down in order to build themselves up! How they could take such advantage of an innocent slap player was beyond me.

I even found it difficult to be angry since I'm such a laid back person. Despite their threats and complaints and painful slapping that was harder than necessary. I was able to do little beyond smile as cards were stolen from me and thrown in my face time and time again. As my second last night in this place before going home for Christmas, it was rather trying... Benny and David, I will keep you in my prayers over the holidays. Perhaps one day we can play again.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what you are saying is that Dave and Bennie beat you in a completly fair game of slaps. That must suck that everyone is beating you. :) It is really sad that you have to slander two wonderfully nice and honest men as Dave and Bennie. Horrible, just horrible. :) I'll pray for you. Talk to ya later.

Anonymous said...

Aw, look at you staring lovingly into Benny's eyes - how is anyone going to believe your crazy story with a look like that? Good try, next time try to be a little less over the top when making up stories just to try to get attention... Haha.. and yes, we'll take you up on another game sometime... Have a great Christmas break!

Janet Perry said...

What IS this?!! Ok, Dave, I can understand your resentment. I beat you continuously and you were forced to cheat in order to win. Tyler, however, who professes to be my friend!! Oh wait! I think I remember where that resentment is coming from,.. It took you ALL semester to beat me! ha!

Chantal said...

Jan! You know, I was worried about leaving you there with those two! I'm so proud of you! You held your own on this one. I have nothing to worry about. However, I will have to put the two of them in their place once I return!...and the nerve of Benny making up stories of how I cheat while playing Cranium! Does he even know what kind of a family I come from? Anyhow, I was thankful that you had such a thing as your blog in order for you to set the records straight with everyone as to what happened the night the three of you played slaps....