Sunday, December 17, 2006

Not full quad, half quad...

Alas, it has finally happened... the first parting of quad. This is a sad experience, considering the three and a half months of joy. However, it's also of mixed feelings the four of us part, as we have been waiting in expectation to be reunited with our sorely missed families.

Jacquie- This bundle of joy departed from us early satruday morning. I believe she woke me up at 5:45am before heading out into the windy death-trap that is usually called winter in Saskatchewan. She called at 7:45am from the ditch, jovially explaining that a tow truack was called and she was still heading on her way to Winnepeg. She finally arrived in Winnepeg 11 hours after her original departure, tired, but excited to be almost home. We will miss her dearly! There is already a hole where she used to be and we keep thinking we hear her in the hall!

Chantal - She left Ann and I on our lonesome at 4:45am. She also very excited to go home, yet her face looking somewhat similar to this picture in which she burned down our gingerbread house. I have no story about her trip, as she has not yet contacted the remainder of the quad. We can only hope that she made it safely to her destination of Moncton, NB.
Personal Note: Chantal! Are you ok?? Let us know! We've been anxious all day! Oh... and Benny told me you cheated at Cranium! I've asked Gwen to give you hours. She said you have to bake the whole floor cheesecakes.. haha We miss you!!

Um... yes... that's me. A portrait of beauty, I know. haha! Anyway, I am the lonely one sitting the the quad missing the others. I've got another couple of days before my plane heads out from Regina to return to North Bay, ON. Bah! I can't wait! I want to go home!! And at 6:40am on Tuesday December 19, I shall do just that.
Christmas... this wonderful holiday that shall consist of FAMILY, friends, food, smallville, sledding, and... um... a necessary haircut? No, Jacquie, I can't see beyond my bangs! And yes, Chantal andLeith, I have two eyes! haha!

Ann- last but not least, we have Ann who leaves later on Tuesday after being a dear and driving me to the airport so early! Thanks! She is, I believe, excited to go home to Abbotsford, BC, which is hopefully warmer than here! She also gets the luxury of travelling with her boyfriend Darren and having such a short flight! Lucky Bum.... I guess that's to make up for being the last one in the quad... which gets quite boring without the four of us together! By the way, Ann, your picture is small cause it wouldn't let me put in the big one! No offence!! It is my pleasure to spend the remaining days here with you! Although, you're not even here... you're at Darren's.... haha Oh well...
So, there you have it. Down to half quad... and soon down to no quad. A sad, but necessary time in which we will enjoy our families and come back ready to start a new semester!! I will miss all three of you!! Keep in touch!!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

A little late now I know because I've been talking to you but I wanted everyone who read your blog to know that I did indeed make it home safely! :P

Take luck and care for it Jan!

Jacquie Lynn said...

Thanks for the sentimental blog Janet~ I apprecaite it. Who knew you were so tender hearted?!
I miss you tons and can't wait to get back to the bubble!!

ps - have fun opening all your christmas boxens.