Thursday, September 14, 2006

Relating to People


Ok... so this blog is experimental... as in, I have no idea where I'm going with this and I totally confused the last person I tried to explain it to. But here's another shot.

Lately I've thought alot about how I relate to people... especially male people. (Haha!) I was thinking about how frustrating it is sometimes to have good, meaningful relationships with guys, without being seen as flirting with them or having an interest in more than just friendship. So this led me to thinking about how guys and girls relate in general. I've often noticed that girls will hang out with guys when they know they are available... and vice versa! However, that might quickly end if they find out that this person of the opposite sex isn't available. Does this make any sense?

Well, my main point is (and I actually got this mostly from a friend!) God did not make guys and girls solely to look at each other as potential mates(or whatever you want to call them)! I believe that we should consider the opposite sex as we would a brother or sister. If God has plans for you to become more than that, He will make that clear to you. That doesn't mean we can't have crushes.... who doesn't?! haha! However, for myself, as a single girl, I don't want to walk in to every situation and look around to see which guy I might be interested in! I think God intends us to befriend everyone and lift each other up. The rest will happen in due time...

So I hope this made sense... let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Kristi Smith said...

Makes sense to me. Although I tend to be the person who hangs out with the guy because we both enjoy talking about last nights hockey game. I'm sure that will change but for now its just whomever has the best knowledge/love of hockey or football that I talk to.

Patrick Sutherland said...

Whoever thought of that concept must be wise beyond all years. He should get like a nobel prize...

P the P

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, very amusing message

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

i think i agree if what i interpret from your writing is can male & female have an enjoyable relationship witout being pressured to hook up. Yes! Im male and sometimes enjoy female company more than male company. For me females have lots more productive fun. I am married and I make sure that I am accountable to my wife by informing her of my communication with other women.This also helps me to keep my relationships with these women as just friends whether close or not as slong as my wife knows what im doing or saying even before I do it or say it.She can actually say yes thats fine or no thats not good & that keeps me safe but I get to have great relationships with women.

Anonymous said...

Im married and I enjoy other female company.In my case I keep accountable to my wife by letting her know what my relationship is with these other women by telling her what we talk about & why.

As long as I keep doing that I enjoy the relationships and she feels secure.She does the same thing with me for her relationship with other men.

Its a mutual unsaid agreement that weve developed over time.

This has had a flow on effect to my 6 children aged 6,10,11,14,18,24.

They all enjoy great relationships with the opposite sex with no sexual pressures as they keep accountable to myself & my wife, but also because weve taught them 3 different levels of relationships.

They are closer,closer & very close & depending on the character of the person they are relating to, determines how close they get.

We also teach them to use power of association and choose wisely who they relate with.

This gives them wholeness, security, and confidence.