Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Love Me!


Okay... so maybe that sounds a bit arrogant. But I've been thinking lately about all the time I've spent over the years being dissatisfied about who I am. We are told from a very young age how we're supposed to dress, how we're supposed to look, and how we're supposed to act in order to be accepted... in order to be good enough. I've done my years of trying... that's highschool for you. So now I've decided that I love me! This is the way God made me... this is the way He wants me.... He has a plan for me! He will continue to mold me, but my basic personality and character will stay the same. So I could spend my life wishing I were more witty or more beautiful or more anything.... or I could be happy being the person God meant for me to be!!

Here is my favourite song by BarlowGirl:

Mirror

Mirror, Mirror on the wall; Have I got it?
'Cause Mirror you've always told me who I am
I’m finding It’s not easy to be perfect
So sorry, you won’t define me
Sorry, you don’t own me

Chorus
Who are you to tell me
that I’m less than what I should be?
Who are you? Who are you?
I don’t need to listen
to the list of things I should do
I won’t try; I won’t try
You don’t define me; You don’t define me



Mirror I am seeing a new reflection
I’m looking into the eyes of He who made me
To Him I have beauty beyond compare
I know He defines me


2 comments:

Mark D. Smith said...

I like that song too.

And you should read "The Treasure Principle" by Randy Alcorn. :)

Patrick Sutherland said...

I like you too... but of course I like me more... I am after all 'God's gift'

Patman the