Friday, November 10, 2006

Long Live the Bean?


So, I got to thinking the other day about my future in life. I'm sure you know how it is... You get to November, everything is due at the same time and discouragement sets in. Questions start to pop up in your head. Questions like: What is my goal in life? What am I going to do when I'm done school? Where is this taking me? Why on earth do I work at a place that is spanish for "long live the bean"?!(Viva Bica) and sometimes Will I be the one "keeping the bean alive" for the rest of my life?? Some days it feels like that.... Like today when I dropped a bottle of cranberry juice on the floor and it shattered. Or the time I almost charged a guy $33.95 for his chips and pop! Or the time I took some guy's money and wondered why he wasn't leaving until he asked me when he was going to get the chocolate milk he paid for!!

So, my questions are still not answered. I don't know what I will become in life or where my schooling will take me. But this one thing I do know.... at least I have moved beyond my longing to spend the rest of my life going door to door selling chocolate bars.

1 comment:

E & H said...

Janet! I loved the post. Definitely sounds like the bean is an interesting place to work. Wish I coulda been there to see some of those stories. :) Anyway, you're on my last blog because it was your b-day and i didn't say happy birthday yesterday. :) See ya around!