Friday, November 24, 2006

Best Birthday EVER!!

I know this is a little bit late. My birthday was actually November 13th(those of you who didn't know, take note for next year... haha jk). However, due to computer difficulties, everything has been made a bit more difficult, including blogging. Anyway, enough of that and on with the story...

So, little did i know that I had no longer gotten to Saskatchewan, but my mom was already plotting a birthday surprise! I had no idea.... I hoped for a card and a relaxed evening with my friends. Little did I know, as I was preparing a few goodies for a couple hours during open dorm, what was going on in The Well!


My mom had sent money and cards and stuff to Amanda who then got my roommates involved. So as I was going around inviting my friends to a quiet evening... they were going around plotting against me. I could mention the many lies: Chantals VERY long walk by her melancholy self (really a trip to Moose Jaw for supplies in which Jeff's car broke down making them hours late!); Mel not being able to go to the airport with Amanda to pick up her friend(a ploy to get me out of the way while they set things up); or the biggest lie of all: Chantal going to a little get-together for for worship team in The Well, which she really didn't want to go to but had no choice and needed help carrying food over to(the part where they get me where they want me and then shout "Surprise" and then I cry when I find out that my parents were behind it!)


I can't possibly include every awesome detail, or enough pictures to give you the proper idea of how great it was! But I'm pretty sure it was my best birthday party ever!! Thank you to my parents for getting it all started! (It meant more than you'll ever know to me!) And thank you to my friends here, especially Amanda, Chantal, Jacquie and Ann, who pulled it off amazingly! I had absolutely no idea and it meant the world to me. Thank you to the rest of my friends here that showed up! I love you all!!
Oh! And I'm now anxiously awaiting my present! A Brian Reagan DVD and CD! How amazing is that?!!! Thank you all!! We will all enjoy them together I'm sure! (Or maybe you'll just get sick of me quoting them! haha)

1 comment:

Chantal said...

Hey Jan! I'm so glad that you had a blast at your party! It did take a lot of lying but you know I lied to you only because I love you! :) Just wait until you see what we thought up for next year! heeheehee!

Chantal....your "podmate"?????