Thursday, June 21, 2007

Feelings of Elation...


Elation... I should really look up the word in the dictionary to make sure I'm using it properly. But I think I know the meaning and I match that definition with a feeling. Almost the lifting and bouncing of my heart(hey, I'm trying here, ok?? haha); or an out of breath excitement! It's not an average feeling for me. It comes by surprise in rare moments. I wouldn't say it just comes in times of complete happiness. But it's the kind of feeling where alot could be wrong but it doesn't matter at that little speck in time. It doesn't matter because all of a sudden happiness means something bigger. It means looking out a window overlooking a lake when the sun is setting beautifully across from you. It means an early morning chill that doesn't touch you because of the warmth created by your own jogging. It means the chirping of birds on a still morning before the world comes to life. It means the pure sound of a voice echoing in an empty room.

Elation... I got this feeling the other day. I got up from working at my laptop and looked out the window and it hit me. I felt like skipping around the room! I felt like running to the open field and spinning in circles before lying on the ground and gazing up at the clouds!

However, I did none of these things and walked slowly back to my seat, a little disappointed to lose the feeling. I popped another yogurt-covered pretzel into my mouth and realized my error as the feeling hit me again!

Wow. Those were good pretzels.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Does anyone read these comments?

Janet Perry said...

Yes... haha Sorry... I am incredibly busy these days so I don't pay alot of attention to my blog... plus, I have too many of these internet things now! But I at least read them all! and I'll try to respond!

Anonymous said...

I concur