Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fragmented Journal Entry....

I have absolutely nothing to offer and I am nothing without Christ.

I am a selfish person, scared to look beyond me; scared what God might ask me to do for others...

I don't read my bible enough because I'm scared of failure... I don't think I can do it well... yet in not trying, I'm failing anyway....

I want to be broken and to live solely for Christ, but I'm scared He might ask too much of me.. more than I can give...

I long to be genuine... but I'm scared what others might think of me....

I long to surrender fully to God, but I'm afraid of losing control....

I desire the TRUE joy that is only to be had in making Jesus the center of my life! ....but I'm afraid of losing the happiness I already have...

I want to let God change me into the person He wants me to be, but I'm scared of losing who I am now....

Wow. I am full of ridiculous fears. Where is my faith?

Isaiah 41:10 - So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janet. I just had a prayer of encouragement for you, I found it in my Bible and thought I would send it to you.

"Forgive me my fear, faithful Lord. Free me to trust you with a whole heart. Be patient with my doubt and lead me in your way."

I hope it helps you. God Bless

Unknown said...

Janet...were you in my head? When did you get in there? And why would you post how I'm feeling word for word for the WHOLE WORLD TO READ??!! :o

Patrick Sutherland said...

Janet... upclose and personal... I thought blogs were for jokes and being about me...

well either way... interesting

P the P

Nathan said...

Those fears don't seem ridiculous to me. They seem reasonable considering the experience of our sinful life vs. our lack of experience living a life freed by faith, and acceptance by God.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog here!! Keep up the good work. I have found it to be very informative, Thanks for all the help